IT guidelines for students
- for digital files, official email address, computing and network resources.
FAQ at the CHIP
- Most frequent requests at the CHIP and their solutions.
MyPC (using your personal computer)
- Tips for maintaining and using your personal computer.
- We encourage your feedback to provide the most useful & current information possible!
- Connecting to uWaterloo resources comes at some risk to your computer and to the campus network; you have a role in keeping yourself and other users protected.
Access to computing systems and email is provided by your faculty.
- The CHIP (Computing Help & Information Place) provides help, information, and licensed software for students.
- The IST Help Desk (helpdesk @ uwaterloo.ca) will assist with password and services issues.
Computing help - after hours and weekend (except during reading week Feb 20-26)
Network: connecting to uWaterloo
Passwords & accounts
- WatIAM - get your password for Quest / Waterloo LEARN / JobMine / wireless access
- Nexus is used in public student areas, research and academic office areas.